Fisher Kate, Birth prevention, Sex, and you will Matrimony in the united kingdom 1918–60 (Oxford: Oxford College or university Press, 2006); Hera Cook, The fresh new Long Intimate Trend: English Female, Gender, and Contraceptive 1800–1975 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004)
thirteen. For the rhetoric out-of rationalisation, come across Marks Lara, Intimate Chemistry: A reputation the latest Birth prevention Pill (Yale: Yale College or university Press, 2010), 21. [Bing College student]
fourteen. About society burst and its own connected concerns, find Bashford, op. cit. (notice 6); Matthew James Connelly, Fatal Myth: Brand new Not be able to Manage Globe Inhabitants (Harvard: Harvard University Push, 2008).
fifteen. Recently, scholars have started to include a transnational perspective into the these issues, identifying the brand new permanency out of objections and you will actors before and after Business Combat II. Pick records into the notice 14.
18. ‘Procedures of In the world Congress towards Population and Globe Info inside Reference to the household, England’, from inside the PP/EFG/A good.46, Wellcome Library.
19. The latest London area eugenics commander, Carlos Paton Blacker, plus the president of your own British FPA, Thomas Jeeves Horder, whom presided across the Far-eastern fulfilling when you look at the 1933, was in fact along with one another introduce.
20. ‘Proceedings of one’s Global Congress towards Inhabitants and Community Info for the Reference to the household, England’, op. cit. (note 18).
21. On these stress, pick Linder Doris H., Crusader create Intercourse Studies, Elise Ottensen-Jensen (1886–1973) during the Scandinavia and on brand new Globally Scene (Boston: School Push from The united states, 1996), 175–182. [Yahoo Scholar]
twenty two. Houghton Vera, ‘ Statement out-of Fulfilling away from Around the world Committee into Structured Parenthood ‘, Eugenics Review , 43 , 3 (1951), 141. [Google Scholar]
23. ‘Page out-of Helena Wright so you can medical members of this new IPPF’s ruling human body, step 3 March 1955′: ‘We suggested the backdrop-upwards regarding a health sandwich-committee away from doctors merely, towards aim intricate inside the IPPF 35(L). The fresh ruling muscles offered its approve and at another fulfilling of the Scientific Sandwich-Panel I happened to be designated Chairman’, within the SA/FPA/A10/8, Wellcome Library.
twenty four. ‘The new IPPF Medical Committee’ inside Development of Population and you will Birth control, CXVII (1963), inside Vellay nine.5 IPPF, BIUM, Paris.
twenty six. ‘Global Prepared Parenthood Federation Part to own Europe, Close East and you may Africa Minutes of Saint Paul MN escort the 5th Meeting of the Local Council, November 1960′, inside the SA/FPA/A10/8, Wellcome Library.
twenty-seven. ‘Page away from Elstone Assistant of one’s IPPF to help you Helena Wright, 8 November 1963′, when you look at the SA/FPA/A/10/8, Wellcome Collection; ‘Page out of Elstone Assistant of your own IPPF in order to Mary Pollock, 20 April 1966′, in the SA/FPA/A10/8, Wellcome Library.
28. ‘Legal proceeding of one’s All over the world Congress on Society and you may Industry Tips during the Reference to the household, , England’, op. cit. (mention 18): 210.
31. ‘Post on new 11th Congress Vienna, 24–twenty five June 1968′, Medical Ladies All over the world Record, (1968), 66, into the SA/MWF/K.8/several, Wellcome Collection.
33. Hall Lesley A beneficial., ‘ A suitable Occupations having a female: People Doctors and you will Contraceptive into Inception of one’s NHS ‘, Clio Medica , 61 (2001), 127–147. [PubMed] [Bing Student]
thirty five. Leathard, op. cit. (mention 2). Richard A. Soloway, Demography and Deterioration: Eugenics and also the Decreasing Birthrate when you look at the 20th-Millennium The uk (Chapel Slope: UNC Press Books, 2014); Lesley Good. Hallway, Living and you can Days of Stella Browne: Feminist and you may 100 % free Soul (London: IB Tauris, 2011); Lucy Boring and you may Lesley Hall, ‘Eugenics in the united kingdom: the view about metropole’, for the An effective. Bashford and P. Levine (eds). The Oxford Handbook of your own History of Eugenics (Oxford: Oxford College Push, 2010), 213–27.
Oudshoorn Nelly, Outside the Natural Body: An Archaeology out of Intercourse Hormone (London: Routledge, 1994); Rosemarie Tong, Feminist Solutions to Bioethics: Theoretic Reflections and you will Practical Software (Boulder: Westview Force, 1997)
38. ‘Moments of your conferences of your Council of your own Scientific Women’s Federation, 8 Will get 1931′, into the CMAL SA/MWF/A 11/4, Wellcome Collection.